Sunday 15 March 2009

Potential image for front cover REAL

I decided to use this image as my front as this reflects the party scene I wanted to have on my front cover. This is clarified by the bottle of alcohol in the models hand. The added iconography of the paint on his face makes the artist look like he's having a good time and he isn't afraid to rebel and get a little messy. That could be linked to the audience being interested in festivals and wanting to go there to get a little bit dirty and sacrifice cleanliness for their dedication to music. I liked the idea of the model not having a direct mode of address like the previous picture as once again, this creates and atmosphere of being totally engrossed in the moment and music. Being pictured in a club or party also makes it obvious that the artist is out, surrounded in music as that is a key aspect in the individuals life as opposed to being in a studio somewhere- he's out there experiencing the music scene. The hand gesture the artist is making is also related to 'rock and roll' and that lifestyle/music. Using an in-direct mode of address is also slightly challenging the codes and conventions I have analysed on other magazine front covers and this may appeal to the audience as it is slightly rebellious and it may suggest my music magazine has something different to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment