Sunday 15 March 2009

Images, front cover5


This picture was a lot closer to the type of image I felt would be effective to use on my front cover. It is a mid shot of the artist which follows the typical codes and conventions of a magazine. I decided I would leave this image as a location shot and not alter it on Photoshop as it made it clear that this was a shot taken whilst out partying. Again, I made sure the models clothing corresponded with the genre of the magazine e.g the geek glasses, the hat etc.
I didn't want the artist to look directly into the camera as I wanted him to appear engrossed in having a good night and create and atmosphere in which the audience could get involved in- they feel as though they are getting a sneak peak into his lifestyle. I also didn't have the model with a toothy grin as this is a less obvious way of showing he is enjoying himself.
Iconography such as the drink in his hand clarifies the fact he is out in a club or a party.
The reason I didn't use this particular image is although I wanted a location shot, I feel in this particular shot the people in the background could be distracting and they it doesn't appear proffessional in some ways. Also, the artist appears a little shorter than people in the background due to a slight angle but I wanted to make the audience think he is someone to look up to and seem powerful and successful and I don't think that message comes across too well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment